There’s nothing quite like that moment when you arrive at your empty campsite. Usually you’ve had a long drive and put in many hours packing, prepping and coordinating. Time to have some fun!
We’ve scoured the internet for our favorite outdoor cooking groups, blogs, and organizations. Here are some of our favorites (in no particular order).
- Dirty Gourmet Blog (no gourmet camper should be without this blog)
- The Great Outdoors Camp Cooking Facebook Group
- Outdoor Camp Cooking Facebook Group
- Mary Jane’s Outpost (great for backpackers)
- Sunset Magazine’s campground cooking article
- NPR’s ‘Forget the Granola’ radio story (good for backpackers and car campers alike, recipes at the bottom of the page)
- Camping Blogger (check out their camp cooking section)
- The camping recipes compilation on the All Recipes website
- The dutch oven recipes compilation on the All Recipes website
- Wonderbag (one of our favorite pieces of gear, a slow cooker that requires zero electricity, infographic below)